Thursday, September 24, 2009
saw it on da way
As on my way home yesterday. I saw a labour couple working alongside da road. It was a husband and wife team. The wife had a small baby abt 2-3 months old. It lay on da footpath pavement as she worked. The man whom I presumed was da husband was sitting and smoking. I only got a glimpse of da senario for abt 45 sec but lets say I remembered it vividly enough to write abt it. As mother she might work ardously to feed her child but at the end of day der is every possibility of her husband taking away her earning to scourge away in wine and smoke. I dont think she knows abt the legal aids she can be administered to save herself frm such harrasment. But then again such is the indian womens mentality dey will go on and on to stay in a marriage no matter how abusive it might be rather live peacefully alone... this is exactly where we need a capacity building and self reliance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment